Friday, February 23, 2007

WEEK THREE

So here is my weekly update of weeks two and three!!! Sorry I was really busy these last two weeks so they are combined... but I hope you enjoy!

So week two begins "Hearing God's Voice/Intercession/Worship" week and our speaker was Ruthie Byrne. She was our first speaker from off of our base and boy was she AMAZING!! She was just so full of energy and was really able to connect with us. I loved this week.

Monday: This week I choose a brisk walk for my 6AM morning exercise and boy was that a bad idea... So here I am thinking oh a brisk walk I do that about four times a day home, base, home, base.... So when I started my brisk walk I thought it was all going to be fine and dandy. I was keeping up with the crowd not sweating enjoying my worship music then all of a sudden there is this HUGE ramp for the train station and we have to LUNGE up it. Not a fast lunge but a each knee better touch the cement type a lunge up a steep incline. By the time I had got back home I'm pretty sure my body stopped working my poor knee just couldn't do anything. But, I didn't give up and I certainly did finish that exercise all the way through the week! I suffered through the pain and worked my body. By friday I was feeling pretty good about myself knowing that normally I would have just stopped and changed stations, but the fact that I stayed really ment something to me. So then we began our monday morning worship like most mondays buy hugging 5 people around you, and it was amazing, like always. A guy from Simoa? lead us and I learned two new songs on in African(some language there it just says african) and it was called there's no one like Jesus and we learned a dance to go with it. The other song was Jesus rocks the party and at first people really didn't know what to do with it but we all just let down barriers and danced for Jesus and laughed and just worshiped together. Then we broke for lectures and we got to meet Ruthie and fall in love with her because she is so great. She also told us the story of how she married her husband, and amazing story but far to long to talk about. I only wish I could have such a story... haha one day!

Tuesday: Once again my day begain with the dreaded exercises!! This Tuesday we began to participate in base intercession and at first I didn't think that I would have anything to pray about in groups of three for a hour. But, it was amazing the time flew by and we just really a great experience and something to look forward to twice a week. Lectures carried on as usual, learning something new each day and just really growing in my relationship with God. Dinner tonight was dessert night so that just made my day that much better!! Work Duties is as hard as ever... The countdown is on for IWT and man oh man we really need some prayer in the donations office. Still need alot of things to come in. We also had small groups this night and we went down to the river and sat around and showed each other photos from home and just talked about the things that were happening in our lives, it was just an altogether good day.

Wednesday: Day went on as usual, crazy busy until dinner time then I just came home and worked on my journal. It was a relaxful evening and just a day of much needed rest.

Thursday. So once again day started as usual but that changed in class. We began intercessory prayer and saw miracles in our classroom preformed. One of the girl's bone grew three inches, another's shoulder pains were healed. Today was a really really amazing day. God really talked to me and just gave me so many revelations about His power and love for us. Went to work duties and dinner and then started evangelism... No one really knew what to expect during this night. We were broken up into about 9 teams. My team was one of the largest in Northbridge. It is a part of Perth where people go for the party life... a lost part of town. So we were broken up into teams of three and were told to go find a place in the town where we could just sit and wait for what God wants to say to us about Northbridge. I felt that He just wants to see the families brought back into the city and Himself welcomed along with them. We were also told that the basis of our time would not be to talk to people about Jesus but if they came up to us we could talk to us but our goal for the next 5 nights is to, between our entire group, read the entire bible on the streets of Northbridge and also have some times of Worship. We only had 5 more nights because IWT was coming and we would be helping out there instead of normal evangelism nights.

Friday: Day went on as usual. Had some amazingly, intense times of prayer in class. Just really growing to love prayer and see it not as a chore but something I jump at the chance to do and is just enjoyful. Tonight was also AUSTRALIA DAY!!! So we all headed to the river at about 4 and just walked around and saw some interesting things. There were sooo many people!!! Australians are very patriotic on this one day of the year so the flags were everywhere and on everything. There was also alot of "Aussie, aussie, aussie" "oi,oi,oi" getting screamed out. When we were there we were scared people were going to ask us where we were from but we said Canada and they loved us as long as we didn't like America. So we had a pretty fun night just hanging out in a big crowd and just having a good time. The fireworks came and they were just amazing. But, honestly, I still love them at PR. So after the fireworks we had to walk back to the base, it was about 20mins away but walking in the big mob of people it felt like forever!!!

Saturday: I spent all day working on my journal and essay on the book "Is That Reall You, God?"

Here are eight principles I learnt this week through my lectures:
1. God wants to speak to us continually about our lives and choices.
2. If I seek God, He will change me.
3. God will help us use everything we have to understand His message.
4. God will confirm His word - It is not immature to ask for confirmation.
5. Guidance from God will be according to the effort of our commitment to do His will.
6. God always works with what we have and give to him.
7. The three ways God speaks to us.
8. Worship= directs us up
Intercession= directs us out.

Also on Saturday we had a talent show, which I did not participate in but certainly enjoyed!! Our hosts were Landry(one of my staff) and Richard (a super cool guy and such a shame he's married) he is on the media staff. But really I think they should have won best prize, they were amazing!! soo funny!! Just a great night!

Sunday: J9(my staff)'s Bday, which also meant free pancake breakfast!!! The day was just crazy hot so I didn't feel like dying at the beach and decided to head into town and go for an adventure by myself. I actually ended up getting lost... but I found the body shop and got a loofa which I really needed and I also found a really cool art musem that is air conditioned and free so I hung out in there and got lunch and just people watched for the day. It was a good relaxing day for a busy week.

So Michelle, one of the girls I live with really wants the computer so i'm going to give it over and this week's email will be following shortly so keep waiting....

No comments: