Friday, February 23, 2007

WEEK TWO

>>>>>>>>WEEK TWO<<<<<<<<

Okay soo this week has gone by sooooo quickly! I can't even believe it considering how long my days are. The weather here is kinda funny, first it can be really hot and then it can be cold but it was just so hot that it feels like its freezing. This week though has been a pretty amazing week. Great things have happened and really just gave me a firm feeling that this is where I am supposed to be.

So Saturday started out with us sleeping in for about as long as we could knowing that on monday we would be getting up at 5:45AM!!! Quenton organized for all the YP to go to the beach for a nice little outing together. So we tried are best at sleeping in but its just soo darn hot in the morning that we were up at around 9AM. So instead of just waiting around doing nothing until lunch we decided to go into Perth and do a little shopping. So after the shopping we grabbed something to eat and headed for the train, the train being a main transportation here, and I keep calling it a bus and everyone gets mad at me, but hey we don't have TRAINS in powell river! So anyway we go to find the train but the train to cottesloe isn't running so we ended up having to take a bus. We were kinda scared because there were just 4 of us and we didn't really know where to get off for the beach. Anyway, we ended up missing our stop but one and we had to walk about 15mins back to the station so we could take the shuttle bus to the beach. Once we got to the beach it was soo nice. There were about 100 of us all sprawled out over the beach. Then the way back was just as much of an adventure. We finally made it back to the base, we were a little late but there was still good for us and it was dessert night so that made us all soo happy!!! And when we got home we went out on a little adventure to kings park that place is sooo beautiful i have a few picture to show you all of it. And then it was time for bed.

Then on Suday we were all beat and didn't wake up in time for church (but don't fret I made it there today). So we began our day with sleeping in until lunch time and then made our way to the base. Sunday dinner is also the night our journals are due so everyone was running around trying to get that finished. We also found out that there was going to be a Perth soccer(football) game happening so we thought it would be pretty entertaining to go watch one of those games. When we were there it was just soo much fun. We sat just looking around at all the crazy people dressed up and sining crazy perth songs. It was just pretty funny. So by the end of Sunday night we were soo tired and were really dreading getting up at 5:45 the next morning. We decided to go to bed early but that just didn't really work out and we ended up watching a movie with the rest of our house.

Then it was finally monday morning and we were most definately getting up at 5:45am!! So for morning exercises I ended up picking ultimate frisbee which really was not a good idea since who has very eye hand coordination after only being up for 15mins, no one! But we all made it through our first week of morning exercises only 10 more weeks to go! Then when we went to the base for morning chores and base worship. The worship here is pretty amazing, I feel really comfortable here and free. So then our new week of lectures began. It was the forgiveness and repentance week with Shirly Brownhill, our last speakers wife. No one really knew what God had in store for us this week but we all had a little bit of excitement and just a feeling of being ready to let go of everything keeping us away from God, and boy did we ever. And life went on around the base as usual.

On Tuesday we did our normal schedual, and getting deeper into our lectures. In these lectures I learn soo much. I love it because it really teaches me alot about myself and really allows me to grow, and boy oh boy do I can't wait to go deeper!! But, Tuesday was also our first small group night. So at 7:30 we all gathered to break into our groups. I am with alicia she is soo amazing, and i really enjoy speneding time with her. She is also from BC!! so many people here are!! So in my small group there are 11 girls and they are each soo amazing. Its really fun getting to spend time with people from all different nations. So we just sat around in the park and played different games getting to know each other and before we knew it it was time to head home. Then once at home it was straight to bed because it is just soo exhausting at the end of the day.

Wednesday was a good day. Did the usual all day but our evening was free and really needed. So we just relaxed all night and ventured out into Mt. Lolly (thats not how its spelt but what it sounds like) and got a ice cream sundae from hungry jacks which in canada is known as Burger King... we had a bit of an adventure getting there. It was pretty much just me making a geek out of myself and everyone laughing, but it was a fun night of just relaxing and enjoying ourselves in this beautiful city.

Thusday came very quickly! Day went on as usual and by the time lectures came we all had alot of questions. We all had heard different stories of how our application day went and we just wanted to know what to expect, but our questions still weren't answered we were just asked to bring two lists, one of people we needed to forgive and ask forgiveness from, and the second was a list of sins we needed to repent of. So our day was full of going into the depths of our hearts and asking God to show us what we have hidden there that is keeping us from Him. Some things went on my list that I thought that I had delt with and others that I didn't even remember. But needless to say I did not have a very peaceful sleep just with things running through my mind and having oto write it down.

And then Friday arrived... everyone not sure of what was happening. I was in my pjs and brought a blanket because I didn't know how long we were going to be at class today. So finally lectures started and we were told what was going to happen. There would be one large semi-circle and at the front would be a chair and whoever felt like they needed to repent infront of all 110 of us would sit there and pray out to God for forgiveness. There would also be someone to pray over you and their leader (we also would be praying for them the entire time). When they were finished they would take there lists to a cross and nail them to it. So after 5 people had done repented it was about lunch time and had taken over 2 hours. The leaders decided that it would take days to finish if we stayed in one group so after lunch we were broken up into 4 groups and about 36 in each group. So It was my turn after dinner and I was just full with soo many different emotions but once i sat down on that chair it was just me and God, not a room full of 120 people. And after I was prayed over I felt free, and so close to God. Then by the time I got to the cross I was ready to be rid of those sins FOREVER. The groups went on for some time more and we all ended with about a hour of worship while more people were still getting prayer. So our application day had began at 9:30 and went on to 12:15 quite honestly the longest time i've ever spent in prayer! But it was a day that I will never ever ever ever forget. Our group just feels closer now and much more free. Needless to say I had the most amazing sleep that night that I had ever had.

And now its back to the weeked. Saturday I slept into about 10 and just sat around until lunch time. After lunch we came back to the house and headed out to a little park where we worked on our journals and just relaxed. It was amazing and we went back to the base for dinner and also dessert night. It was just a perfect day!

Now its Sunday and I went to church this morning and it was very differnt... but it was a good message. So now a lot of people went to the beach but I stayed because i'm not finished my jounal and I really should be farther in my book. I'm just sitting down in the living room with the fan on me and watching tennis. Enjoying some alone time. But now its time for me to work on my journal so I hope you all enjoy your day!

Sorry for it being so long...

Have a great day!
Ashleigh

No comments: